To our surprise and after months of waiting and waiting for an answer, our visas have been denied.
The letter they sent us said that we did not "demonstrate an exceptional circumstance" and therefore we were refused a visa renewal.
We have since hired a lawyer who has sent a letter asking what these "exceptional circumstances" are that we were to meet as there is no explanation whatsoever what they are. They also explained that I am in late pregnancy, that it isn't safe for me to fly, and addressed Elisha's rights as well.
We have since gotten a letter back from the immigration office saying that in this situation Elisha's rights do not matter. Also, for some reason, they did not address at all the "exceptional circumstances" or even mention my pregnancy. So, our lawyer is drafting another letter to send to them at the moment.
The problem is they want us out of the country by next week. We have been told that that date does not matter since we are in dialogue with the immigration office, but so far we have not been given any extra extension in time. We don't know if we are staying or going!
Please be in prayer that our visas would be renewed. We know that God is in control of this situation no matter what the outcome.